Performer Platinum

RJ Banks

TVWBB All-Star
I am picking my new Performer Platinum up this week and have a question. Does the grill come with a cover? I always assumed it would but read a review on Amazon saying they had to but a cover.

I have never seen a performer include a cover....doesn't hurt to ask though. What color of performer did you get?

Have my choice between blue or black. Really wanted the blue tip I saw it in person. Had a little more purple hue to it that I wanted. Really like the color of the pics online but they were not accurate.

I follow you, I don't like the copper in person as much as I thought I would. I'm saving my pennies for a crimson colored performer, I already have a black one but want to add color, and since my sweetheart and I both went to schools with the crimson color (me The University of Utah and her The Ohio State University) it's the natural color for us to get. I have not seen the crimson in person, but I'll like it.

I would steer clear of weber performer cover. Love the grill, but my cover cracked all over from the cold.

I'm going to pick up a classic accessories cover on amazon here soon, I just need to measure the right dimensions.

Tim, I don't know where you are located, but my Performer cover has been going strong since 2006. Of course, we have pretty mild winters here.

My cover has just about survived 5 years of outside storage here in the UK. It does have the odd crack or two and has a tendency to blow off in the wind - but I don't feel the need to swap it out just yet - it certainly keeps the worst of all weathers out...

My cover will be 5 this year, and it's still in great shape.
I use my Performer so often I got tired putting it on and taking it off, so now I just lay it over the kettle part when rain or snow is predicted.
A couple of pieces of firewood on top keeps the wind from blowing it off.

I haven't done it, but probably not a bad idea to clean and 'Armor All' the covers once a year.

I would steer clear of weber performer cover. Love the grill, but my cover cracked all over from the cold.

I'm going to pick up a classic accessories cover on amazon here soon, I just need to measure the right dimensions.

When you figure this out could you let me know what size you went with? I too have had problems with the Weber cover. Thanks!

Mine didn't come with one...No matter what color you get ,cover or no cover, you will love the Performer Platinum with gas assist.

The reviews on the weber brand covers (on their own website no less) were very poor. So I got all covers from Classic Accessories (via amazon) and am real pleased, very sturdy/durable. I have 7 kettle covers, 1 genesis cover and 1 barrel pit cover from CA. The sun is brutal here (duh) and combined w the soft southern humidity of the nitetimes makes for ripe corrosion here so I wanted to protect my babys.

Having said that... Bill has the right idea... A simple drape would work.

Don't lift the lid...

Back