Performer - new vs. used, or should I?

Jeff Padell

TVWBB Pro
I currently have a OTG 22.5 with a snap-on Weber table. I really don't use it much, about 2 or 3 times a year, use the Silver B and my 2 WSM's all the time.

I am looking to get a sturdier table to have between my OTG and WSM.

At the same time the new (or new to me) grill bug has bitten me!

I am thinking of retiring the OTG and replacing it with a Performer with table and trying to decide new or used. I am leaning towards used and taking my time finding one.
Of course after building my rolling BBQ table from an old Silver B, I am considering building another rolling table to go between the OTG and WSM 22.5

Here is what I have now

0607140832_zps54448fac.jpg

0523140940b_zpse1e305e3.jpg

0322141553a_zpsd61adc57.jpg

If I were you I'd be thinking a 26.5. It looks like you have everything else covered. Good luck with your decision. Love the table.

Bill

Well, I wish I had your problem. Nice! Here's what I'd do next. Put the wobbly table on the wsm (the big guy) like others have done. Then I'd write a note to Santa for a new Performer. If a lump of coal shows up under the tree, I suppose craigslist would be in the cards for next year... unless you are handy with a saw and you want a jumbo table to mount the OTG or WSM on. ((BTW, I want a roti like you have... I better write a note to Santa))

The new 2015 performer is nice, but my $40 dollar used performer I picked up at a estate sale works just as well. If Weber ever makes a 26.5 performer then we'll have to talk.

Decided I don't need the performer having the OTG I barely use. Since it has the clip on table to hold the thermometers for the WSM 22.5 and I had built the rolling table for heavy duty work.

The rolling table is really nice, now if I can just get my patio level!

P5240020_zps5089b2c2.jpg

P5240030_zpsef2753d0.jpg

Decided I don't need the performer having the OTG I barely use. Since it has the clip on table to hold the thermometers for the WSM 22.5 and I had built the rolling table for heavy duty work.

The rolling table is really nice, now if I can just get my patio level!

Jeff,

Come on - you've been here for awhile now......and your pictures prove you're full-fledged "Dug In" to Weber products like the rest of us. Is ANY OF THIS really about need..???? :cool: Look in my tagline at my cooker list. I've used my large BGE twice in 2 years, my 26.75 once in 2 years, and 2 WSMs and a brand new Copper OTG that I've never used!

Scour Craigslist, and you'll eventually get a Performer for under 100 bucks. And I promise you'll use it a LOT more than your other grills...........AND you'll want to keep your OTG too.

Last edited:
I agree with W Tyler on this. I have a pile of grills, but my go to grills are the Performers. I personally like the new ones better because they are a little taller, but my old style with the SS table cooks just as well. I use a regular grate on my newer Performer and CI on the older one which is what normally drives my decision on which one to use on any given day. The Performer is just so practical having the solidly attached table, not to mention the gas starter which I would strongly recommend.

Craigslist is definitely your friend.

Back