Performer needs a new kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Alex

TVWBB Member
Purchased a EE vintage SS Performer on Craigslist Boston today. Bought it for the cart basically. The kettle is pretty trashed (green). Top is stoved in, bottom of kettle is very rusted, ash catcher is gone. No igniter. I'd like to build a unit so I can use my 22" rotisserie again. I called Weber and I can buy a whole new kettle minus grates for $110 in the color I want or I could try to adapt a OTG to it. The performer kettles have flanges welded on the side for mounting and some extra holes in them. Has anyone here adapted a conventional kettle to a Performer frame and how? This would give me the option of using a used OTG grill. I could cut off the old flanges and bolt them on? Thx Jon

for that price i would certainly adapt a gold to that. either use the old brackets or make my own. carefull drilling and some high temp paint should take care of the rust issue.

I am trying to remember how mine mounts, and I think that you are right that there are two flanges for mounting to the frame. The other item is if you are planning on using the propane starter system you would have to drill a hole for the burner tube assy. I am not sure what I would do, but if the cart is in good shape I would probably get the new kettle from Weber.

If you go black it will only cost you about $90 for lid and bowl. I can post exact price and part numbers tomorrow when I get home. I also have prices and numbers for just about every other part on a SS performer.

The ignition with button and burner tube is $20.08 I just asked about that on Monday.

I think my options are a new Performer specific kettle or at least the bottom half as it has the flanges welded on, or find a used OTG or OTS and figure out a way to mount it using the old flanges that I would have to cut or grind off. I'm not worried about the igniter at this point as I'm pretty handy with a chimney. I think I want to build this as a future 22 WSM/Rotisserie set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back