Performer models

John Boehm

TVWBB Fan
Firstly, thanks to all of you who weighed in about my BGE vs Performer post. Due to that I've decided to go with the Performer. I have been checking Amazon and have seen many different models and prices of Performers. There is a new model (1481001) that is going for $349.00, about $20 more than the last time I checked (about a week ago). I can see that there is a digital timer on the front, is this the only difference? Also, there is a model that looks identical but is selling for $307 (1431001). I am getting annoyed, why all the differences?

It looks to me that the 1431001 model has the the touch n go ignition systemgas and the 1431001 model does not. I have this 1421001 model. It has the touch n go ignition. I got mine at home depot 3 years ago. Can't remember what I paid.

In the past they only had the one version, which was basically the $349 version without the timer. I believe it used to go for $329. As Tom mentioned I think the only difference between the two is the gas assist which to me is what makes it the performer. To me, without that its just a OTG with a side table, or I guess technically a mastertouch with a side table. I would say if you're going to get it, go for the gas assist. I would recommend checking Craigslist though to see if you can find a used one. With summer ending I'm sure you'll see more BBQ's being put up for sale. I got mine for $50. Either way they are all great BBQ's and you won't regret your purchase.

Both models have gas assist, but there is a $42 difference for some reason, maybe because one is the new 2013 model, not sure

Sorry, John. I guess I'm seeing the wrong models? The 2 I'm seeing when looked up the numbers you provided show one with and one without the gas assist. They both have timers (which I've never seen before). I agree with Justin, i think the gas assist is what makes the performer.

I'd advise you to be patient and watch Craigslist for a used unit. But if you're determined to purchase new, go through the links on this site and support the TVWBB message board.

Good decision on getting a Performer. I don't think I'd care whether a table had a built-in timer or not, but a Performer isn't a Performer without the gas assist, IMHO.

Sorry, John. I guess I'm seeing the wrong models? The 2 I'm seeing when looked up the numbers you provided show one with and one without the gas assist. They both have timers (which I've never seen before). I agree with Justin, i think the gas assist is what makes the performer.

Sorry Tom, you are absolutely right, the $307 model doesn't have gas assist, thanks for pointing that out. I assumed it did because it was more expensive than usual. I definitely want the gas.

I'm with W Tyler on this one. Keep an eye on Craigslist. If you're a little patient, I bet you'll find one for less than half the price of new. That savings can buy an awful lot of accessories (or a second used grill).

Bill

I ordered the new performer platinum from Amazon recently (after checking CL for several weeks) and it arrived today as I was walking out the door to leave town for 4 days, very upsetting. I can't wait to fire it up when I get back, guess I have some time to decide on what the first cook will be.

Back