Performer Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron S

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I was wondering how people have modified there performer grills.

I have a performer and I picked up a second kettle off craigslist the other day. I am thinking about changing the charcoal bin and mounting the second kettle off to the right of the table. Has anyone done this yet or something similar to it?

^^^ Nice, interesting mod, but there's very little work space between the kettles. I don't think I would make that type of a mod if I had a Performer. If I wanted two kettles I would build a new table from scratch and instead install a smaller kettle at the other end.

George

icon_eek.gif
theres no way im doing that to my performer

I was thinking of something like that. I don't like the route he took though. Keeping the table is a must. I would think about building my own table but I like that the portability of the performer. We often take it other places for Birthdays and the works. So I was trying to think of something that would raise the cooking height and improve efficiency while keeping the workspace.

I don't think you can achieve true portability with two large kettles with lots of work space in-between. In that case it's more practical to have two Performers and just set them side by side. Easier to transport, if that's what you had in mind.

I don't see the plus side of mounting two kettles in one table. It seems that you'd get the most versatility by having a Performer and a OTG side by side. You'd then have the choice of one or two grills and you'd have a full work table.

Bill

taking TWO performers and and making them into ONE should be a crime
icon_eek.gif
icon_smile.gif
. I could understand attaching another Kettle, but taking off a performer apart,
icon_rolleyes.gif

I would be willing to trade my OTG for his performer
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Wow Brian. Your mods look great!

I was thinking the same thing as you about the dual Performer link above. But your mods look slick and OEM.

Brian, what material did you use for the cart top of the fire bowl? Can't tell from the picture if that is stainless sheet or something else. That setup you've got there is slick as snail snot, and I've saved these pics to my comp in the hopes that one day I'll be as cool as you.

Originally posted by Mike Reynolds:
Brian, what material did you use for the cart top of the fire bowl? Can't tell from the picture if that is stainless sheet or something else. That setup you've got there is slick as snail snot, and I've saved these pics to my comp in the hopes that one day I'll be as cool as you.

Brushed aluminum on the burner top (reclaimed sign)
Don't get me wrong-I used a rustbucket Performer Touch n' Go that would have cost a fortune to repair for the WSM cart, and the 3000 frame languished in my back forty before I found another Genesis to swap lids with. There is no cure for the sickness I have!

Originally posted by Brian Moriarty:

Brushed aluminum on the burner top (reclaimed sign)

Brushed aluminum top is a great idea! Very easy to work with and to finish. You just gave me a great idea for my next table project. I was thinking of using granite but aluminum is so much cheaper and easier to work with. I can give it an industrial look to the table. Thanks.

EDIT: I better start looking for old road signs at a local city salvage yard. I forgot how much more expensive aluminum plates have gotten over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back