Performer Lid

The Performer is an absolute masterpiece. I'm not sure a lid hook would work since the circumference of the lid is larger than the width of the mounted table.

Going with the flow of this topic for the members who have the lid hook.
Try hooking it on a handle, alot easier than trying to lean over and catching it on the side of the bowl.:)

Tim

I agree. It doesn't get anymore awesome than the performer! Gas assist with charcoal. Who woulda thunk it? :D

The Performer is an absolute masterpiece. I'm not sure a lid hook would work since the circumference of the lid is larger than the width of the mounted table.

Last edited:
The slide-aside attachment for the OTS/OTG gives waaay better clearance than the Performer's "tuck-away" system. Kind of a shame, given the mighty premium that Weber charges for the Performer.

I love my peformer, but I have noticed my friends newer 26 slide a side the lid will stand up more vertical than my will. If that could be changed,well all would be right with the world.

Last edited:
Going with the flow of this topic for the members who have the lid hook.
Try hooking it on a handle, alot easier than trying to lean over and catching it on the side of the bowl.:)

Tim

+1 on this. I tried it on my WSM yesterday after reading about it in another post. Great "mod". Chris said he'll be adding it to the Tips section eventually (says he has a lot to do, if you can believe THAT! :D:D).

Rich

I'm kind of surprised nobody has compared the lid on the Performer to the Platinum. I appreciate the larger single table and the gas assist but I like the handle out front of the kettle dome
IMG_0003.jpg
[/IMG]
Lift straight up and the whole grill opens up in front of you.

Last edited:
I have never really spent any time around one of these,they look like a nice grill,I have not seen one for sale on CL around here either must not be real big seller as of yet. I like the two tables and lid opening feature though.

I don't think they are a big seller compared to the Performer but they have certain features that do make them somewhat unique. I do like the bigger table the Performer has. To me the gas assist is certainly a feature but I still like and would use the chimney. What sold me was the lid design, the handle and the direction of the lift.

ok, you guys have to help me on this one because I am hoping to get a new grill soon...

When I go to Weber's site, I see "performers" with 3 levels, "platinum", "gold" and "silver", which are all basically the same model with different accessories.

I dont get the model differentiation between a "performer" and a "platinum", or see one with 2 tables. Did they just combine the two models?

I realize the "platinum" has gas assist but it is still a "performer". I am confused,doh

Last edited:
Mine is not a Performer and it does not have gas assist.
IMG_0173.jpg
[/IMG] Notice the handle at the front of the dome and the way it lifts straight back for full access.

2012 was the last year Weber was going to make the "One Touch Platinum". Target online may have a few left for under $200.

I rather like the lid holder. Whenever I'm cooking low and slow (usual for me) I have the coals banked up on the lid side with fire bricks anyways so the only thing I need to do on that side is lift the access door on the grate to add some coal and the lid doesn't bother me for that. I'd rather do that than have to search for spot to safely put the lid each time I need access. Just my 2 cents.

AF076A3C-48E4-4393-8377-576749F8ED0E-4360-000002F3447D4975.jpg

Last edited:
I have found that the lid holder on the Performer has 2 advantages. First you can use it as a wind block. The second also has to do with the wind. I dont know how many times I have had a gust of wind blow the lid off the side of my 3 wheeler Weber. I have never had this happen with the Performer. This is just my 2 cents, YMMV.

Back