Performer Igniter Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke with Mr. Weber and he seems to think I should get at least 20 starts out of 1 propane tank. I will be monitoring closely...

Anthony

Originally posted by Steve Whiting:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne Dimirsky:
Its so easy using the Weber chimney starter along with the Weber starter cubes that I don't think I'm missing out on not having a performer. Granted, I would like to have one for the table and charcoal storage but its not worth $300 to me to buy a new one and you cannot find used ones around here. Believe me, I've looked and I check craigslist everyday.

Wayne
You might want to keep your eye out for a Weber One-Touch Platinum. It is simular to the Performer as it has the table, the ash disposal and the lid holder. What it does not have is the gas igniton and the charcoal bin. Of course, with the Platinum you get the fun of starting the fuel with a chimney and you do not have to worry about the charcoal bin melting.
icon_wink.gif

I found one on Craigs list for $60 bucks IIRC and I have loved it ever since. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem around here(Springfield, MO) is that hardly anything weber shows up on craigslist. The only thing I've seen this year at all is a few OTS grills, One gas grill, and one of the newer gas portable grills. No Performer's or OTP's or even OTG's. The gas grill was a great deal but it was already gone when I called. You pretty much have to be the first to see a weber or you will miss out.

You might try to find someone who is willing to ship, I live in Montreal and was lucky enough
to find one in Maine so picked it up on a trip to the beach, for me the ease of opening the bin and pouring the charcoal and igniting it with the starter is priceless.

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back