Performer grate holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

cauto

Hi All

I have been user my new Performer since fathers day and yesterday I realized that on the back side of our Performer there is a horiz. slot that you can hang the cooking grate from.
icon_biggrin.gif
This might be common knowledge for all but for I was over joyed that I figured out what this was for.....Oh the simple things in life.

Hmmmm, never tried that before. I just hang it off the screws that hold the bowl to the frame. IMO, the Performer is the best thing ever!!

Tried that tonight. It's a nice fit, but you have to reach over the grill to get the grate. After you've dumped a chimney full of lit charcoal, that's sketchy at best.

I am looking for a place to put/hang the grate while I light the coals. Unless I take the cover off the gasser and set it on the side shelf, I don't have many options. The hooks on my OTP stick out enough that I can hang it off of them, but the hooks on the performer are somewhat recessed, and make that difficult, at best.

Thanks for posting about the grate holder!
It was always a pain looking for a place to put it.
I pull my Performer out from the rails on my deck, and have access to all sides.

Bob

Thanks for the tip. I've been hanging the grate on the slide aside. I put the lid on the deck and just hang it. It's a pain with the hinged grates though. Now I dont have to put my lid on the deck. Thanks Cauto

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake S:
I hang mine on the lid holder, and it still holds the lid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here

Well, it holds the lid too, but because my performer is light green, I dont want to scratch the lid because it would show. Oddly enough, my lid even gets scratched a bit from using the slide aside.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin Banana:
Well, it holds the lid too, but because my performer is light green, I dont want to scratch the lid because it would show. Oddly enough, my lid even gets scratched a bit from using the slide aside. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are battle wounds that add character...if your worried about the scratch marks...you should of bought a gasser
icon_biggrin.gif

I have found that my tool holders work as a pretty good grate holder. Seems to work fine,it's not too heavy for them and it allows me to keep the work table open. on a random side note, I haven't had my Performer very long. I got it about a month ago, got it all cleaned up and got all the missing parts put back on. I filled up the propane tank, hooked it up, hit the button and it fired on the first push. I was pretty stoked. I too think the Performer is pretty much the best thing ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Michael:

Those are battle wounds that add character...if your worried about the scratch marks...you should of bought a gasser
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention, foods seem to taste better on dinged and mucked up grills.
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back