Performer Gas Assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Berz

TVWBB Member
I just bought a new 2009 performer and I noticed when I shut the gas off after lighting the charcoal I have a flame that is under the table in the metal adapter between the line coming from the propane tank the and metal burner going to the grill. I assume this is residual gas in the line but the flame seems to dance around for a minute or so. I have been blowing it out lately. Anyone else notice this? Do you just let it go out by itself? Did I maybe put together wrong?

No that's not right,and I wouldn't use it until you call Weber, or have someone check it out. Mine does not do that!

I checked mine tonight after firing up the performer for dinner. I did not see any evidence of this either. Sounds like you may have a leaky shutoff valve. I would call weber, they will fix you up.

Thanks guys, I didnt think it was right, I will call Weber!

I cooked up some chicken breasts, wings, corn, and sweet potatoes on the grill tonite.....Man I love this grill!!!!

It is like the WSM except it keeps a steady 350 degrees...I cant believe charcoal grillin is so easy....I reverse sear everything...I throw the potatoes and corn on first and let them roast at 350 for 30-40 mins than throw on the chicken (not over the coal) and cook to temp and than sear when ready....turns out great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back