performer deluxe question

Scott M.

TVWBB Fan
Wife is going to wring my neck, but she couldn't argue when I had to pick up an extra 24 hour shift at work..... bit of a windfall-what should I do with it?
Thinking about blowing some of the money on a performer deluxe really soon. I already have wsm 22.5, and love it. Is the diameter the same? I am wondering about how it (performer deluxe)would work with the cajun bandit roti kit that is supposed to fit both wsm and 22.5 kettle. Did the new performer lose a half inch?
Also, thinking about the green. Is that any harder to keep looking good than the black or copper?
I can't wait to put the drafty piece of scrap metal I have been trying to cook on out to the curb.....

The current performer diameter is the same as the previous. The differences in the current model are:

Larger lid bale to allow open lid to sit at 90 degrees

Painted Metal Table

Gourmet Grate

New Style wheels

I recently purchased one and its the best BBQ money ever spent. The Gas Assist and painted metal table are true game changers for my cooking.

One thing I've noticed on my 2015 Performer... The Weber rotisserie has small cutouts that are supposed to provide clearance for the bolts that attach the lid bale to the Performer charcoal bowl. Since the 2015 Performer has the improved lid bale, the screws are not in exactly the same spot as on previous models, so the cutouts in the roti ring don't line up, and it doesn't sit perfectly flat on the Performer, and doesn't make a PERFECT seal. It still works just fine, and it's easy enough to make a couple new notches in the roti ring that would line up with the screws on the Performer.

Long story short, if the Cajun Bandit stacker was designed to fit the lid bale screws of the previous model Performers, some slight modification may be required to make it work exactly as intended, if using it with a 2015 Performer.

EDIT to add that I absolutely love cooking on my Performer Deluxe. I think that goes without saying. I have the copper and I don't think one color is any harder to keep clean than the rest. If anything, black is probably hardest to keep looking pristine (the case with cars, anyway), but they all have the heavy-duty porcelain coating that Weber is famous for.

Last edited:
Thank you, gentlemen. Chris- does the fit issue cause any vibration/balance/clunking problems, or is it merely seal fit?

Thank you, gentlemen. Chris- does the fit issue cause any vibration/balance/clunking problems, or is it merely seal fit?

Scott, no it doesn't sit off-level enough to cause problems. Again, I am speaking about the Weber roti-ring, not the Cajun Bandit one. Even the seal isn't really an issue, but if you're anal like me, you can see that the roti is sitting about 1/4" - 1/2" higher on the side with the lid bale than the side nearest the table. I haven't modded mine yet to add notches that line up with the 2015 Performer, but probably will at some point. I actually normally use the roto on my 22.5" OTS instead of the Performer. No reason in particular...

Back