Performer deluxe propaneconversion

JimmyTbone

I have a performer deluxe, latest version with painted metal table and I like the gas assist for lighting the charcoal. What I'm looking for are ideas for attaching a five pound propane bottle to replace the one pounders. I've got the five pound bottle and the conversion hose. Now looking for a good/great way to attach the five pound bottle to the base rack on my performer deluxe. I like the portability of being able to role the performer on my patio. What advice have you got?

I have been thinking/planning on doing this as well.
My first thought was retrofitting brackets from an SSP somehow but those parts are no longer available.
My latest thought was making up a bracket to mount on the top of the frame (under the table top) positioned from front to back.
Then mount a hanging bracket where the 1lb tank sits.

It’s hard to explain. I hope you get my meaning?

I assume you want to leave the tank valve turned on, and just use the existing gas control to turn it on and off?

It might depend on whether the grill's shutoff valve is integral with the bottle interface. If it is, you may have to cobble together a new valve.

Hopefully somebody who has rebuilt the gas supply on a Performer with a 1 lb bottle can weigh in.

Edit: Is this still what your regulator and hose looks like? And I'm assuming that the bottle screws into the brass nut on the bottom of the regulator?

Last edited:
You've obviously piqued my curiosity...

How much depth is there from the front of the grill cart (where the flip-up door to the valve and igniter is) to the charcoal bin? I'm questioning whether there's even enough depth there to put a 5 lb propane bottle without it protruding out the front of the cart.

I have a performer deluxe, latest version with painted metal table and I like the gas assist for lighting the charcoal. What I'm looking for are ideas for attaching a five pound propane bottle to replace the one pounders. I've got the five pound bottle and the conversion hose. Now looking for a good/great way to attach the five pound bottle to the base rack on my performer deluxe. I like the portability of being able to role the performer on my patio. What advice have you got?
Errplacement parts : I am using them for a example, you would need a ignitor 20.,a regulator,50.,and a flame tube 35.00 .
Now if you were to go to Weber and order these parts you may be able to get a discount and free shipping.

Here’s what I came up with. Tank stays cool with screaming hot fire. No more guessing when one pound cylinder is low on fuel. LOTS of starts per five pounder. I think I like this idea.

Attachments

• 5C3F5837-E448-451F-A9CB-9E955FA7E530.jpeg
    5C3F5837-E448-451F-A9CB-9E955FA7E530.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 7BD1DB47-B79D-4E3F-B8F3-0D2B80EDAF07.jpeg
    7BD1DB47-B79D-4E3F-B8F3-0D2B80EDAF07.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 27
  • F7A39457-2A5D-4170-B3B1-BEB7C7381164.jpeg
    F7A39457-2A5D-4170-B3B1-BEB7C7381164.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 86BA6E11-3A2F-45B4-8D40-384E7F778C0D.jpeg
    86BA6E11-3A2F-45B4-8D40-384E7F778C0D.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 27
  • ECE75A15-4A4F-4111-9854-ACABA9B42E91.jpeg
    ECE75A15-4A4F-4111-9854-ACABA9B42E91.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 836BF6D4-1DCB-4151-9FFF-EFDF8FB075E9.jpeg
    836BF6D4-1DCB-4151-9FFF-EFDF8FB075E9.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 23
Here’s what I came up with. Tank stays cool with screaming hot fire. No more guessing when one pound cylinder is low on fuel. LOTS of starts per five pounder. I think I like this idea.
Nice clean install, it still has space for rack storage, the bin still works, and now you are only doing a refill like once a year, if used alot.
By the way good choice of color also. So what was you total cost as I like this install.

Nice job!
I am guessing there is no room towards the area where the 1lb currently sits?
Can you provide the brand and part number for the adapter line.
Thanks!

Nice clean install, it still has space for rack storage, the bin still works, and now you are only doing a refill like once a year, if used alot.
By the way good choice of color also. So what was you total cost as I like this install.
Thanks for the kind words. I already had the five gallon tank, so I was in a repurposing mood. The adapter hose was about $20, the piece of metal was free, hose clamp was just a few bucks, and the fasteners another couple bucks.

Nice job!
I am guessing there is no room towards the area where the 1lb currently sits?
Can you provide the brand and part number for the adapter line.
Thanks!
That’s right, the five gallon propane tank is too big in diameter to be placed under where the cylinder is. The hose I found on Amazon.

Back