Performer compatibility with the Weber Kettle Rotisserie

Status
Not open for further replies.

M. Chesney

TVWBB Fan
I received the response below from Weber concerning the compatibility of the Weber Kettle Rotisserie on the Performer.  

"The Rotisserie for the Kettle grills is not compatible with the Performer or Platinum grills. When the ring is put on the grill bowl, the lid roller attachment prevents the ring from sealing properly.  Heat will escape from the gap between the ring and the bowl and the food may not cook properly.  The decision to purchase is the customer's, but we don't recommend it."

So, I'm wondering if anyone out there who uses the rotisserie on their performer has noticed this gap or perhaps configured a way for it to seal properly. 

Thanks,  Mike 

there's a giant gap anyway with the weber rotisserie ring

the one from cajun bandit seals a lot better (after you tape off the extra holes)

The rotis has a huge gap all the way around (not sure why this wouldn't be an issue with the regular kettles). Anyways, I stuffed foil in the gaps for years (worked but a pain) and then finally fixed it with $7 bucks worth of rope gasket from a chimney store. This works very well. As you can see, I hung a grate in mind and now use this set up as my smoker. This works so well (temp control wise), I sold my cajun bandit (which I liked but had a hard time keeping temps down on.)

04222010churchcook006.jpg

By hogsfan at 2010-04-23

I have my rotisserie turning on my Performer as I type. Weber CS is right, the lid roller does not allow the ring to seat all the way down, but as others have pointed out, this does not really make any difference as there is a big gap with the ring on any kettle anyway. It has not affected the performance of the rotisserie in any way for me, but then again, I don't do much temp control when I rotisserie. Dump in the coals, load in the meat, turn on the motor, walk away. With 3/4 of a chimney, the heat is fine for any decent sized roast, chicken, etc., and you will be good to go.

I can't wait for this chicken to be done!!!!!

R

Thanks to all of you for your sound advice. Think I'll use the strategy of "try before you buy." Will head to the local Ace Hardware store and place the ring on one of their performers to see how it sits on the rim. Plus a little space can't hurt when not trying to maintain temps like I would when smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back