Performer Charcoal Bin Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDOwens

TVWBB Super Fan
Recently I saw a photograph somewhere of a Performer with the lid to the charcoal bin up. It dawned on me that my used Performer does not do that.

Looking at the lid, I see the rod is bent. I suspect that is the reason why.

4451735643_358df68ae4.jpg

Here is video of the lid.

Will replacing the rod fix this? Does anyone know the part # for a 2002 Performer?

As always, I appreciate the help.

It opens, but it does not remain open unless I hold it. Shouldn't it remain open on its own?

far as i can see it should. the pics show the lid leaning back far enough to stay open. not sure if thats a spring or just a hinge rod as they call it. could be a torsion rod but i can't see how that would work.

RD, it should remain open once it is past vertical. At least until a gust of wind blows it shut!

That hinge rod is bowed across it's length. I would make sure it is fully seated in the lid, so that it is not under tension. Although, it obviously is under some tension, because it slams your lid shut.

You may want to partially disassemble the Performer, and reassemble it to make sure it is assembled correctly. I have seen some interesting things with the various Ps I have picked up on Craigslist, where people have assembled them wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back