Pepper Stout Beef for Cinco de Mayo

Timothy Hoffman

TVWBB All-Star
Here is my version of Larry Wolfe's Pepper Stout Beef.

Started out with a 3# chuck roast rubbed with Penzey's BBQ 3000 and Cajun Seasoning.

120507g.jpg

After hitting 165deg F internal temp it was added to a bed of bell pepper, poblano pepper, jalapeno peppers, sweet mini colored peppers, garlic, vidalia onion and cilantro. Poured in the Worchestershire and stout beer and it was covered and into the oven for 2 1/2 hours.

120507pan.jpg

Then the meat was pulled and mixed with the veggies.

120507shred.jpg

Returned to the oven for another hour to reduce the liquid. Plated with a bun and BBQ sauce and Quinoa, black bean and corn.

120507plate.jpg

Nice job Tim. Did you find that the veggies were mushy? Reading some other posts that was one complaint, also what kind of beer did you use? Going to try this soon.

Thanks,
Eric.

EXCELLENT Tim!!
EXCELLENT!

eric, i haven't read ANY complaints about this dish ever.... and i've made it several times without a hitch. a great recipe and Tim, you stamped your name on this one, very Nice!

Don't get me wrong Jim, I am not trashing his cook or the recipe but in the original thread there were a few who made that claim, was curious if he felt the need to make adjustments.

Eric

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Zimmerman:
That is a classic and makes me want to do another one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly!

Back