Pecan Chunk Source

mike maclean

TVWBB Member
Have been smoking with hickory chunks from Lowe's since getting WSM. Seemed to be the only wood available in Idaho except for mesquite. Finally located some pecan chunks at Sportsman's Warehouse (bought all they had)! Gonna try a brisket this weekend!

Here in OK, Pecan is abundant and real cheap. I always use pecan as a base, and supplement a fruit wood. Pecan is good stuff.

barbecues galore is were i get mine. not many other choices. i like pecan very much and use it almost all the time. add apple for pork.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike maclean:
Gonna try a brisket this weekend! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mike, Pecan and Brisket is hands down my favorite. The few times I stray from Pecan on Brisket is the 2-3 times a year I get the taste for Mesquite and Brisket. Pecan is also very, very good on butts, and ribs. Enjoy.
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike tu:
I have my doubts that anyone can actually tell difference between hickory and pecan smoke </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are kidding right? They don't even smell the same when burning.

I find that ordering smoke wood online is very expensive. I'm trying to locate some fruit wood here in south jersey. I'm able to get hickory and mesquite from home depot. But when ordering fruit woods online, they're either overpriced or the shipping kills you.

Frank,

if you ever head down i-95, shoot me an email and I will leave a bag of plum for you to pick up if you want some.

I am around Richmond, so you have to be on 95 a long time though.

Chris

Back