PB cook and Maverick problem

Bill Rickert

TVWBB Fan
It's been quite awhile since I've been on the forum, but I've got 4 small boneless PB going right now. They average about 4 lbs each. It's small but that's the way Harter House puts them out. Trimmed and tied and $1.89 lb. I put them on at 9:45, two Mr Browns and two KC Sweet and Smokey.

Since the KC rub is sugar based, should I try to keep the temp a little lower? Right now, midnight, it's 240 lid temp.

On a side point, my redi check remote therm has come up with a unique problem. One side quit working (food connection). Both probes work fine in the smoker side. I have a Taylor therm in the lid and I'm using the Maverick one good probe in the meat so I'm in good shape. I guess I'll see what Maverick can do for me.

Funny, I tried posting this on my Firefox browser and it wouldn't take.

Thanks Matt. Now that you brought it up, I remember reading it somewhere else on this site in the past. I will keep that article for future ref. My wife can't eat the spicy Mr Brown so I tried the KC rub and it went over real well.

My temps kept creeping up, I wanted to keep things around 240, but mostly I was at 250 - 275 and my vents were 0 - 0 - 10. My WSM has a mind of it's own and it just loves to sit at the 250* mark.

Back