Passed on this Summit

This looked great at first but when I noticed the grates are thin stamp metal I passed.
Weber Summit Gold Propane Gas Grill - FREE for Parts or Scrap
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/zip/d/duluth-weber-summit-gold-propane-gas/6875772597.html

Btw does the lid from this Summit fits a Genesis Silver B ?

While I DO like this model of the Summit - NOT the current one:p - you probably were wise to pass. Sounds like too much frame repair and parts that can really add up. The one very positive remark was that the flavorizer bars were supposedly decent and only 4 years old. They are very expensive because of their unusual integrated design. I might still have been tempted if that one was close to me if only to get those.

I do not believe the lid will interchange with a Genesis. Even the 4-burner Summit is larger than a Genesis grill.

I agree with Jeff MA. They are the "lesser" stamped steel grates, another mark against bothering with this grill - at least as far as value goes. It's too bad that something that started out probably extremely nice ends up now as a driveway giveaway.

Yep. Grates are stamped. FB's definitely worth some $$$ to someone as they sell for at least $150 a set if you can find them. The lid definitely doesn't fit on a Genny. If that was close to me, I'd take a look at it as I need a side burner for an older Summit 650, though I'm not sure that it would fit.

Back