PartyQ adapter and WSM shutdown?

Richard Hinton

TVWBB Fan
For those of you with a PartyQ and the screw-mount adapter that fits in one vent on the WSM: When your cook is finished, how do you shut down your WSM?
Do you unscrew the adapter and remove it? That looks like a pain.
Or do you plug it, which seems easier. If so, what do you use?
Thanks and happy new year.

For those of you with a PartyQ and the screw-mount adapter that fits in one vent on the WSM: When your cook is finished, how do you shut down your WSM?
Do you unscrew the adapter and remove it? That looks like a pain.
Or do you plug it, which seems easier. If so, what do you use?
Thanks and happy new year.

I never got an adapter. Here is my method, I made a quick release for the Q it's not pretty but it hasent failed me yet! :D

IMG_20111112_135019.jpg

I have a DigiQ and it comes with a high temp silicone plug that goes over the adapter. They are available on their site for $5. You may need to check with them to see if it will fit that adapter. Hope that helps.

Yianni, I'm no safety police but you should consider placing some metal or rock below that cooker. I say this from exerpience. When dumping my chimney of lit into the cooker of unlit a while back, I had a stray coal I did not see fall onto an unprotected deck. Let's just say when I did notice several hours had passed. I had an embarrasing moment in front of the better half and some unplanned deck work to do. I use those grilling mats from Lowes under my cookers now and a I place the chimney on an old lid from an alum pot which sits on a paver.

I ordered mine with the Weber adapter as a kit and it came with a silicone plug for use when not using the PartyQ. However, I have yet to NOT use the PartyQ...

Back