Parts Washer

One of the places I worked, we used a pressure washer over a large non-metallic horse feeder/trough. The part we were cleaning fit in a rack over the trough so the trough caught the runoff. The trough was out in the sun so the water eventually evaporated leaving the dried crud behind. Would you consider using a pressure washer along with Sam's or Dawn Power Dissolver? If the trough was on wheels you could wheel it around to wherever you needed it.

But after watching the video, BPratt's idea of using a portable dishwasher makes sense, too. My mother used to have one of those portables in her mobile home and they aren't very big, from what I remember, but if you have a hot water supply nearby it might be worth a try.

I just looked at portable dishwasher and definitely too small. Never getting long burner tubes or flavorizer bars in there. Now I am researching solvent vs water based cleaners, the cost of 10-20 gallons, and disposal of such products. It seems to get involved.

I have had a small portable parts waher. Big enough to hold a brake drumb. Biggest issue is getting rig off the cleaner fuild. At my job we used safety clean they had a all in one unit a large 4 foot wide tun 12 inches deep that sat on a 15 or 25 gallon drum of solvent they would come and cleaned and replace the solvent every month or so under your needs by contact, had a strainer to catch nuts and bolts stuff and a strong pump. Also a adjustable light, a build hose brush and a tray to hold your tools and scrubing stuff. Plus it has a fire lid that will Slam closed if a fire situation . By far the best service if you have that much of a need for it.

I have had a small portable parts waher. Big enough to hold a brake drumb. Biggest issue is getting rig off the cleaner fuild. At my job we used safety clean they had a all in one unit a large 4 foot wide tun 12 inches deep that sat on a 15 or 25 gallon drum of solvent they would come and cleaned and replace the solvent every month or so under your needs by contact, had a strainer to catch nuts and bolts stuff and a strong pump. Also a adjustable light, a build hose brush and a tray to hold your tools and scrubing stuff. Plus it has a fire lid that will Slam closed if a fire situation . By far the best service if you have that much of a need for it.
That's the one, sounds similar to the one we had, ours was only about 30" - 36" wide. When the GFCI kept tripping we tried to get them to fix it but the only thing they offered to do was replace it at our expense. I ended up drawing up a schematic and repairing it. It had a float switch to keep the motor from burning up if the filter sock in the drain got plugged and all the cleaner got pumped to the top, and an adjustable temp controlled heater. A manifest had to be signed every time they did a pick up...I wouldn't sign it. I had someone in management sign off on it. In case of envrionmental problems they go after the ones with the deepest pockets. I don't live very far from the Stringfellow Acid Pits...what a mess that is or was.

Chemical waste is a real sore spot on our lazy past.
I worked on a airport with per ww2 hangers that they use to just dump outside till the company decided to move to Georgia, and they had to pay for a EPA clean up. Took a long time dig up all that soil like 30 feet down and have it all cleaned and replaced.
Now if you spit on the ground it is HAZ MAT

For the extremely short period of time that mankind has existed, we have really screwed the place up.

Speaking about which, and I know this is a fun fact for all my fellow carnivores, especially those that live in America's Dairyland...did you know that livestock contributes to around 15% of greenhouse gas emissions? Well, science to the rescue...scientists are now finally able to 3D print Wagyu beef, with the proper marbling and fat content...

Gotta admit, that meat does look pretty good.

Back