Parts Differential between HM 4.0 and 4.2.4

Phillip P

TVWBB Fan
Might there be a handy-dandy spreadsheet-like readout of the difference in the parts betwixt the two?

I have the boards and parts for two 4.0 setups that unfortunately never got assembled. (Sorry Joel!)

I am looking to add a 4.2.4 to my arsenal but don't want to buy anything unnecessarily.

+1!
I bought everything during the fall last year, and was unable to assemble it during the cold season (don't ask...).
I recognize that I would have to get a new PCB, but...

Anybody do a side-by-side yet?

I had thought I suggested this before, but I don't see it posted here so....

I would suggest you just load the HMv4.2.4 Mouser cart, then go down the list (at Mouser in the cart) and delete items that you already have on hand. The major components are gonna be the same, so if you have the display, ATMega, shift register, voltage regulators etc you can eliminate most of the higher priced items straight way and get the cost down low. The rest of the stuff is pretty cheap and it's better to have an extra resistor or cap than missing a part or two when you get ready to build....

I haven't responded to this, but Ralph said it best. You know you're going to have to make a mouser order, and it's going to be $5 in shipping.

Load the cart, look at what you have and delete it from the cart. If you don't want to look over 35 things, just look at anything over 99 cents and see if you have those (spoiler: you do). Take those 6 things out and you're down to $11+5 shipping. Sure you can maybe get it down to 5 or 6 bucks, but is the goal to have your whole order less than the cost of shipping? :-D

+1 on what Ralph and Bryan said. I will be reusing the ATMega and LCD from my 4.0 on the 4.2.4 I ordered, so, I just removed them from the Mouser project.

Back