Parting out Summit S-450 SS

MartyB

TVWBB Member
I've got a Weber Summit that I'll be parting out.
I can't sell outright due to the firebox starting to rust through.
Just trying to recoup some of my money from this Craiglist-roulette loss.

Grates, burners and igniters replaced 2 years ago (the manifold looks like new).
Grill light is brand new.
Thermometer doesn't work. Everything else does.
I'm willing to strip off any part(s) you want. But shipping on some things could get brutal.

Message me to let me know what part(s) you're interested in, any additional photos you'd like, where you're at and I'll get you an offer price (w/ shipping).

20200616_064214_resized.jpg 20200616_064222_resized.jpg 20200616_064228_resized.jpg 20200616_064300_resized.jpg

Marty, not sure how many grills you have or what you have as "keepers", but I've seen people mod that side burner into an older SS performer. Basically fixing it in the storage area removing the charcoal bucket and putting it there. I have a picture saved somewhere if you are interested in seeing it.

Marty, not sure how many grills you have or what you have as "keepers", but I've seen people mod that side burner into an older SS performer. Basically fixing it in the storage area removing the charcoal bucket and putting it there. I have a picture saved somewhere if you are interested in seeing it.
I'm a 1 grill and 1 smoker person. The older Spirit and 18" kettle (with rotisserie) that I replaced with this sold day 1 on Craigslist. This one torqued me off enough that I pulled the trigger on a new Napoleon Prestige 500 so looking to just get rid of it and recoup a little of what I spent.

So if anyone wants that side burner for their project, let me know! :)

I'm a 1 grill and 1 smoker person. The older Spirit and 18" kettle (with rotisserie) that I replaced with this sold day 1 on Craigslist. This one torqued me off enough that I pulled the trigger on a new Napoleon Prestige 500 so looking to just get rid of it and recoup a little of what I spent.

i need the side tables

The only things left of value:
Burners (4 main + smoker box)
Smoker Box
Flavorizer bars (2 years old and solid/heavy)
Grates (2 years old and solid/heavy)

Any chance the left hand side panel of the cabinet/frame is not rusted out? I have an s670 that won’t even hold a wheel/insert. I assume the left and right sides are all the same on this generation?

Any chance the left hand side panel of the cabinet/frame is not rusted out? I have an s670 that won’t even hold a wheel/insert. I assume the left and right sides are all the same on this generation?
Sorry, only parts left are burners and grates.

thanks for the parts i just used the valves on my manifold because they looked better than mine..... just gettin my grill together

Attachments

• P1120896.JPG
    P1120896.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 14
  • P1120898.JPG
    P1120898.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 14
Too bad the firebox rusted out and you parted it out. I have a brand new firebox I'm trying to sell, it's just too expensive for shipping because of the size.
IMG_3146.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3149.JPG
    IMG_3149.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 6

That Prestige 500 looks really nice for the price. I love the warranty, INFRARED SIZZLE ZONE™ SIDE BURNER and rotisserie (all included?). Does it have a full cast aluminum cook box like the Weber? The only thing that would make it perfect for me are some large 8" wheels on an axle as I move my grill around a lot.

That Prestige 500 looks really nice for the price. I love the warranty, INFRARED SIZZLE ZONE™ SIDE BURNER and rotisserie (all included?). Does it have a full cast aluminum cook box like the Weber? The only thing that would make it perfect for me are some large 8" wheels on an axle as I move my grill around a lot.
All included!
Bottom half of the cookbox is solid cast aluminum along with the sides of the upper half. The back panel of the upper is steel (can’t remember if stainless or enameled) between the cast end caps.
The casters work well swinging it around on my small deck. And I was without power for 74 hours after the derecho went through in August. The grill and side burner saw a LOT of use those 3 days.
So far, no regrets with the Napoleon.

That does look as close to what I would like in a grill. I have been restoring and flipping grills (about 2 dozen so far) for over a year and still haven't found my "perfect grill" I have a Genesis II E210 but the rotisserie is way too low to do much on (I love making chicken a la brasa). The older Webers are nice but too long for my space and I like front controls and folding side shelves. The fact that the Prestige 500 comes with the roto and sizzle burner are super sweet. I would like to find one used some day in the future. Are the warranties transferable on them?
Thanks
Joe

That does look as close to what I would like in a grill. I have been restoring and flipping grills (about 2 dozen so far) for over a year and still haven't found my "perfect grill" I have a Genesis II E210 but the rotisserie is way too low to do much on (I love making chicken a la brasa). The older Webers are nice but too long for my space and I like front controls and folding side shelves. The fact that the Prestige 500 comes with the roto and sizzle burner are super sweet. I would like to find one used some day in the future. Are the warranties transferable on them?
Thanks
Joe

Manual says "Original Purchaser". So not transferable.

Back