Part numbers on burner tubes?

Steven Martin

TVWBB Member
Hey all,

so I found a “bargain” last week on marketplace for a set of Weber 7506 burners for $20 new in box.

I had yet to get a shipping notice and I messaged the seller today on Facebook to ask if he sent them out. He said he is planning to ship them out tomorrow and that the Weber box “got wet” and he had to make a new box.

my question is, do the Weber tubes come with a part number stamped on them or anything so I can verify he’s not pulling a fast one?

Hi Steven, I am not a fan of the knock-off tubes. I see 20 year old Weber tubes still going strong. For Weber tubes the gas orifices of that era are rectangular. If you see round holes they are not a Weber tube.

Weber tubes have numbers but I don't know what they mean

I have bought new Weber tubes from private parties that were legit. The people don't have the grill anymore or ordered the wrong parts and never got around to returning them

EDIT: Re-reading what you posted, it sounds like the seller is representing these as original Weber burners but now without the box. Slick, very slick. No part numbers on the burners that I have seen. Good luck!

Last edited:
If you look at the very end of them, I do recall there is something stamped on them there. Not sure if it is the part number though.

Steven,
I have a brand new set of Weber #7506 Burner Tubes I've had for around five years.

The two outer tubes have the number 72605 stamped on the ends closest to the Manifold while the middle tube has 72606 stamped on it. Below that number is the date of production.20200915_204118.jpg20200915_204131.jpg20200915_204147.jpg

I would ask the seller for the Weber directions enclosed in the box or the bar code off the box be sent with the tubes.

Jeff

Nothing on the Stanbroil aftermarket set and nothing on the OEM Genesis 3 set. Maybe it's only on the replacement sets.

EDIT: Come to think about it, the Genesis 3 set might not be OEM. I remember the PO telling me they had replaced the flavor bars and grates so maybe they replaced the burners, too. They didn't have the plastic spider guards on them, either, so yeah, they are likely not OEM. But they are slotted holes on the crossover, not round like the Stanbroil, so I dunno...

Last edited:
I pulled out a couple used Weber burner sets from my Silver B rehabs and there were some numbers, but all different.

Hi Steven, I am not a fan of the knock-off tubes. I see 20 year old Weber tubes still going strong. For Weber tubes the gas orifices of that era are rectangular. If you see round holes they are not a Weber tube.

Weber tubes have numbers but I don't know what they mean

I have bought new Weber tubes from private parties that were legit. The people don't have the grill anymore or ordered the wrong parts and never got around to returning them

I would agree with that if you are referring to the old, 304 stainless tubes Weber made a long time ago. Their current ones don't seem to me to be any better than the various imported offerings. They aren't 304 stainless anymore, although the new Genesis II ones may be.

I would agree with that if you are referring to the old, 304 stainless tubes Weber made a long time ago. Their current ones don't seem to me to be any better than the various imported offerings. They aren't 304 stainless anymore, although the new Genesis II ones may be.
Hi Jon, I like the weight, fit, finish, warranty, mounting instructions, mounting hardware and the ability to buy locally of the Weber tubes. They have value in my opinion.

The after-market tubes have a place for the good enough and tight budget situations

In the context of the conversation - $20 for a new unused set of Weber 7506 tubes is a good deal if they are legit. If they are not Weber tubes I would prefer getting the after-market tubes from Amazon for around $20

Steven,
I have a brand new set of Weber #7506 Burner Tubes I've had for around five years.

The two outer tubes have the number 72605 stamped on the ends closest to the Manifold while the middle tube has 72606 stamped on it. Below that number is the date of production.View attachment 14175View attachment 14176View attachment 14177
Hey Jeff, thanks for posting the pics. He sent me a picture of one of the tubes with the number “72604” stamped in it. I looked that up and it’s a shorter 27-3/8” middle tube. I compared specs and the 7506 set comes with a 28-1/2” middle tube. Of course I haven’t gotten any reply to that from the guy. Worst case scenario is that it’s a $20 lesson.
B7882DDE-75FA-41B5-81EA-FD48D9CFC999.pngA05130A1-E6E5-4EFF-B951-7E9F4C702961.jpeg36F7BB8C-3528-4C91-8E8C-B6665F19C719.png

Steven,
I'm gonna say those are a set of #7508 Burner Tubes that the seller listed for the B/C models as well as 310/320.
The script stamped on them appears to be just like mine so I would say genuine Weber pieces.

You never know...you might get Weberites and pick up a old B/C model ;)

Jeff

Steven,
I'm gonna say those are a set of #7508 Burner Tubes that the seller listed for the B/C models as well as 310/320.
The script stamped on them appears to be just like mine so I would say genuine Weber pieces.

You never know...you might get Weberites and pick up a old B/C model ;)

Jeff
Jeff, you mean they would fit a Silver B? I have one in the shed. It’s a 2002 model and the front burner tube has a good amount of play where it mates with the valve.
Is it normal or okay if the tube diameter seems larger than the valve diameter and has play?

Back