Part Number for Regulator and Paint Question

JoeEspo

About a year or so I restored What I think is a Genesis 2000. Can any help me with the following:

Am I correct on the Model I have, Please see http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?40031-Restore-of-Genesis-2000&highlight=NNLogistics

I cleared of the snow this week for a winter BBQ and found a critter eat through the reg hose. Does anyone have a Part Number for the reg with hose. Hose is about 2 feet and has a female connector to attach to burner. When I go to Weber site the regulator they point me to what appears to have a male connector?

Last time I restored the BBQ I used "High heat Black paint on the Top sides and bottom. It only came in "Flat".I saw recently that it comes in "Semi-gloss". Has anyone used that? How does it hold up. The flat doesn't hold up to grease. I was thinking the "Semi-Gloss" would be better.

Thanks Everyone. Winter has been tough, I usually try to BBQ regardless, but this weather is testing me. Hope for good weather soon.

Joe

A lot of these regulators are just universal parts - not Weber specific. Take yours to Walmart/HomeDepot/etc and match it up.

Or, you can call Weber because they most likely still have the regulator in stock. As you know, their website kinda sucks for ordering parts. They want customers to speak with a customer service rep to make sure the correct part is ordered.

Joe
The picture you have posted shows a Weber Genesis II not a 2000. The 2000 had casters in addition to the big wheels. The II (like yours) did not. these were the only differences. The regulator for these old guys is a weird assembly. The output hose screws in to the manifold with a 1/4" NPT nipple. I have used generic ones by simply going to the hardware store and getting an adapter for the fitting on the new regulator to adapt to the 1/4" nipple.

A agree with the adapter idea. What you need is ¼ inch female NPT at one end and 3/8 inch male flare at the other.
Here is an example.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HOSYOC/?tag=TVWB-20

Once you have the adapter then it will be easy to find a cheap hose and regulator assembly, because a 3/8 female flare is by far the most common.

Remember to tape the NPT side but don’t tape the flare side.

Last edited:

Back