Painting the Red Logo

MJPebbs

TVWBB Member
I asked this forum how to paint the red kettle logo a few weeks back and wanted to share some of the results so far. For me it is a must have modification for any Weber, new or old. I don't have an example of one on a stainless lid but it looks great on my friends stainless Spirit S-320.

https://imgur.com/a/ALH9c2o

Thanks to all who provided advice,

Michael

Michael,

That looks great. I think it is the first newer style Weber logo that I have seen that had had the kettle painted red. Cool!:coolkettle:

I agree that it is great way to set off any Weber grill, especially if you are planning on re-selling. On my personal Skyline, I went all out and painted the outer part and "WEBER" name in white as it is in the Weber corporate logo this logo badge is based on:

2j162qx.jpg

I don't know if I can recommend doing this most of the time. It was a royal pain to get the white to look right - I am not any artist. But for this one grill, I am glad I did it. So far it is holding up, too.

Here is the Skyline Weber logo I did last year. I did not paint the white. That is just the bare aluminum color.

1ak1qks.jpg

Last edited:
Bruce,
See that just confirms that painting the white part isn’t worth it. That looks great.

Thx Jon. I like the metal industrial look better any way. But the red kettle is a cool contrast.

Great work by all. The red on the newer inset style of logo is really nice.
We may have to give that a try. By "we" I really mean my wife. I painted
the first red logo. She was less than pleased. It didn't really look like
"hot garbage" as she may have suggested, but it lived in the same zip code.
Since then, all the credit goes to her. I remove the emblem, and then ask
for her steady hand to do the magic.

I think painting the kettle is really not hard to do on the old style logos where the kettle slightly protrudes from the logo. I use a fine artist paint brush and two coats normally does the job for me. But sometimes I have logos where the lettering is scratched and no matter how long I sand them I cannot get the scratches out. They are just too deep.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yHay31W3XxJz***57

Back