Paint to fix small rust area on hunter green lid

JWorden

TVWBB Fan
I have a dark green performer that is about 5 years old. I just discovered a small spot along the lip where it is starting to rust. The porcelain must have gotten chipped. I have no Idea how.

What is the best way to deal with this?

Attachments

• 20230415_185143.jpg
    20230415_185143.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230415_185105.jpg
    20230415_185105.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 24
Clean it really good, dab it with some hight heat cooking oil (like avocado or grape seed), and heat it up good. That should season the bare metal and keep it from rusting.
Do it periodically and you're good.
I have NOT heard nor seen anyone just paint it and be happy with the results long term.
I know it doesn't look good, but I believe it'll look worse if you try to paint over porcelain enamel.

I would look for a green kettle on marketplace. Pick up Free or Buy it and swap the lid with your performer

I would look for a green kettle on marketplace. Pick up Free or Buy it and swap the lid with your performer
That would be the ideal solution. I actually have an old green bowl in my shed that needs a lid. Weber replaced the bowl a few years ago due to a small chip I discovered cleaning it.

I wish you were in Michigan, as I have a green hood from a Performer sitting on a rusty Happy Cooker bowl. I've been trying to think of a way to pass it on locally, thinking there was someone with a green bowl that needed a lid.

I wish you were in Michigan, as I have a green hood from a Performer sitting on a rusty Happy Cooker bowl. I've been trying to think of a way to pass it on locally, thinking there was someone with a green bowl that needed a lid.
How much to ship to Florida?

Back