Paint for a Q grill lid.

Why use a flat paint and than a gloss clear over it? Why not use a gloss in the first place? Or perhaps a satin?

Why use a flat paint and than a gloss clear over it? Why not use a gloss in the first place? Or perhaps a satin?

The only satin I found was black. I too am buying a flat and using a clear gloss over it.

Do you have any specific information about gloss or satin high temp spray paints? I would be open to any suggestions.

I might be wrong (getting old ya know) but I seem to recall buying some high gloss high heat red at Farm & Fleet a number of years ago. I think engine paint comes in a gloss version and could possibly be used. Actually I think that's what I picked up actually. I think the red that matches is called International Harvester red.

That could very well be Larry. However, I don't have Mills around me. I have Blaines and they "might" have something as well. But generally, the automotive stuff is only rated to about 500 degrees. I went with the Rusto stuff because I trust it with it's 2000 degree rating and I could get it ship to store at walmart.

I will have to make a run through my Blaines Farm and Fleet. They may have something else I would be happy with in different colors.

Blaines is what we have here also. I think you have both in your area (Fleet Farm and Farm & Fleet) (same family BTW and they sell the same products).

Yah, I am familiar with both of them. But the closest Mills is in Beaver Dam and that is over 60 miles away. There is one in Winona Minnesota and that is where my folks live, so I have been there numerous times. Next time I get over that way, I will stop in and check out their High Temp paints selections as well.

I think it is brothers that each own one of the two store chains and that is one reason for the similar store inventories.

Back