Pacific Rim Marinade

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
100th RECIPE POSTED HERE - Not to toot my own horn, but it is a landmark for me.

DH made this last night. He marinated 2 nice big thick pork chops and grilled them. We both thought they turned out very good. But next time we would like to try this recipe with chicken thighs. I bet this would even taste good for shrimp.

Pacific Rim Marinade

Juice of 2 fresh limes
1/2 cup olive oil
3 TB. sesame oil
1 TB. soy sauce
2 TB. grated fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1 tsp. finely chopped cilantro

Combine ingredients and mix well. Makes 1 cup

Source: "Grilling with Chef George Hirsch"

So far, this thread has had 92 viewers. I hope some of them are members and will come back to see this post.

Today, DH marinated some very large shrimp in the above marinade. Then he put them on skewers and grilled them. They were the best tasting shrimp I have had in a very long time.

THANK YOU DH!!!!!!

Forgot to mention, DH also marinated in the above, boneless rib eye strips, put them on skewers and grilled them. He couldn't stop talking about how delicious they were.

Joan
Love this recipe. I have a question; when you grill after marinating pork chops, etc., do you use the marinade to mop or depose of it?
I just bought all the ingredients; can't wait to try it.

Les

Hi Les, most marinades we boil it if anything has touched it. Then depending on the ingredients, we sometime add a thickener to it or not. Very seldom do we throw away the marinade. How can you waste all that good stuff? lol I really hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Please let us know.

I was hoping that would be your answer. Just bought a pork loin at Aldi and cut in to chops. With daylight saving arriving Saturday night I'll be doing a lot more grilling. I'll certainly let you know how things turn out.

Joan

Tried your recipe last night on a chicken half. Very tasty and a keeper. I should have taken pics but it was another 9:00 dinner. Thanks for the post.

Les

Les, so glad you liked it. Thank you for letting me know. I think one of the really fun part of cooking is trying new marinades, sauces and spice blends, home made of course. lol

(Thanks also to George Hirsch)

Tried this marinade again yesterday, DH, had Rib-Eye and I had Langostines (sp.?) DH said his steak was Very Good, but my dinner was not.

Joan I think this marinade sounds very good and I also think,shrimp,chicken,and park would go well with this I am going to try this soon.
Thanks.

Thanks Kevin, forgot to mention, we did not have any fresh cilantro, had to use dried. I do like the fresh stuff. lol

Back