OTS vs OTG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin the benefits are

1. Hinged cooking grate.

2. Ash catcher, never worry about lit coal's on the ground with kids running around.

3. The one touch system is stainless steel lasts a lot longer.

If you grill on a patio or don't like ashy messes, then get the OTG. The OTS doesn't do a great job of keeping the ashes off of the ground. The OTG keeps everything contained.

Way back in the 80s I had a Weber kettle. I have no idea what model. But the design was like the OTS with the bowl/pan/whatever to catch the ashes. It cooked GREAT, but I always hated the ash mess and the convoluted way I had to lift and empty that pan. After I got a gasser in 1998, SWMBO made me get rid of the kettle (I still miss it.) Then the gasser died earlier this year, and I got a OTG (26.75). And I really love the ash catcher arrangement. Such a convenience and well worth the $ in my opinion. In addition to the other features Noe mentions. Sorry for the long response. Reminiscing a little
icon_biggrin.gif

P.S. no more gas grilling for me!

Bought an "H" (1987) model OTS, handed it down to my son this spring when I took delivery of my new Performer. 23 long, long regretful years of not spending the extra cash for the OTG.

Thanks for the input everyone.

I picked up a new-in-box 22" OTG on CL for $40. The family apparently won it in a drawing and didn't need it, "because they already had a grill." I gladly paid them and smiled all the way home.
icon_biggrin.gif

My patio is getting crowded; I may have to sell a OTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back