OTS to Portable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDOwens

TVWBB Super Fan
There was an ad on CL for a OTG. I knew it was too good to be true. When I arrived, it was an 18.5" OTS. On the drive over I considered what I would do if it wasn't a OTG. I picked it up for $5.

My thinking is to convert this into something else. I am not handy, but if I screw it up, I am out $5.

I am thinking of creating a portable grill out of this. First off, there is no ash pan. Somewhere I saw someone installed the ash system of a Gold and shortened the legs. If you recall something like that, I would be appreciative of a link.

What I am wondering is if a lid holder can be attached to this. Better yet, any ideas of a lid holder that acts like the SJP did so it will keep the lid in place while traveling?

Certainly someone has converted one of these previously. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

I'd love to have an SJP for camping but have recently been thinking the same thing about an OTS, since the platinums are so hard to find. Great minds...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
This may be the thread:
http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...=789108522#789108522 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you. That is exactly the thread I was thinking of.

I am still looking for ideas for a lid holder/carrying handle. I'm not certain this can be had, but it would be wonderful. Surely some of the bright minds here have some thoughts.

i'm sure both could be made. but i think it would be easier and less hassle to just order the necessary parts from weber that go on the sjp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back