Orange Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see a lot of painted kettles in advertisements. It's easy to paint a kettle any color you like. Want the color to last? That's an entirely different proposition.
icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Louie G:
I thought it was a throwback to one that Shaun found in a book. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Funny!
icon_biggrin.gif

I have a friend who does wardrobe for commercials. She said the advertisers often want very specific colors in their commercials. We were watching a football game an a commercial came on. Every character in the commercial had a bit of yellow in their wardrobe. She said something like, I bet this is for Subway. And she was right. JC Penny may have wanted Orange for some reason.

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Louie G:
Funny How? Like I'm a clown? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I almost had him!
icon_cool.gif

I got that catalog a few weeks ago,noticed the paint job right away,looks like it was not cured when they put the lid on .

jc.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clint H:
I got that catalog a few weeks ago,noticed the paint job right away,looks like it was not cured when they put the lid on .

jc.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good catch Clint. I'm surprised they even painted the underside of the lid! Maybe when it flakes off on the food, it will act as some sort of special seasoning! I know I know, its only a prop.

My guess is, that there is ZERO heat in that faked out orange kettle. Probably a steam/fog machine. Not to mention that they didnt take time to let the paint cure. It was probably sprayed the night before shooting.
icon_wink.gif
BTW i laugh nowadays when I still refer to the retailer as "Penny's" and nobody under 35 knows what I'm talking about.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back