Opinions on a pulled BBQ Chicken Sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob O

TVWBB Pro
Hi. I was in Northern Virginia 2 weekends ago and was served a pulled BBQ chicken mixed in with a BBQ sauce that was served over sandwiches.

Unfortunately it was prepackaged and my hostess didn't have a clue about ingredients and the like.

I'd like to have a go at making the real thing and was wondering if folks could give me some general pointers on what kind of sauce to make, how much, and whatever else I should know.

This may sound strange given the legendary barbecuing prowess in my home of.... Long Island... but I haven't been able to find too many cooks out here who are familiar with this type of cooking or these dishes.

Thanks all. I really apprecaite any and all help.

I haven't heard of pulled BBQ chicken sammiches before. Hopefully someone will know about this and I can enjoy it myself in the future!!

I was up in a part of Faucquier county called Delaplane. I'm sure I've mispelled at least one of these names if not both.

She bought it in one of the grocery stores. IT was XXX's Chicken Barbecue. Yellow plastic tub with a foil wrap over the top.

It was kind of like a Beef BBQ.

Hostess, who is from DC said they're pretty common and that she freezes 'em up and keeps 'em on hand for when she needs them.

Very close, tho! Just drop the c from Fauquier and you're good to go...!

I'll have to poke around in the groceries out here and see if I can spot it.

Thanks Susan,

Guess I'm just going to BBQ the chickens and make some sauce that sounds good and try not to use too much of it.

I do beer can chickens with a dry rub. I then pull them like butt( white and dark meat)pour on some Sweet Baby Ray`s Hot and Spicy sauce it makes great sandwich

Okay this is pretty embarrassing.......I live in Fauquier County not far from Delaplane and have never heard of what the hostess is referring to? I have had a Sweet Vidala Onion BBQ sauce made by McCucheons, it is very good. I have had shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches before but cannot recall where, or what type of sauce was on them? They might be on to something with the BBQ chicken.

I've posted a simple technique for shredded chicken sandwiches in the Poultry Forum:

Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwich

No particular sauce is recommended; I would just use your favorite tomato-based sauce. If it were me, I would try the BRITU sauce--5:1 ratio of KC Masterpiece and honey.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back