Opinions of Smoke Level?

My Camp Chef is not what you would call a great heavy smoker. But for Barb and myself it's more than adequate.
My attraction to the CC is it's set and forget abilities to make great lightly smoked food without all the fuss and hands on of the WSM I had, also its capacity to hold two full pork bellys and more.
I would still love to have a SmokeFire, after all I've read about the great food it produces when it works right. Maybe if the rumors are true and a new version is on the way, and it's shall we say more error free than the existing versions I would defiantly consider getting one.

There are a couple places I really love for Q. One being Big Ed's in Waukegan IL. Food is great, atmosphere fantastic, Big Ed, his son and his wife are wonderful hosts and of course there is the Q :D
The other is Mission BBQ here in Rockford IL though I understand they are a chain. What I like about both is the smoke from their pits is nicely subtle and doesn't assault you like a freight train on your senses. You get smoke, but you also taste the meat. There is a Q place here in Belvidere IL called "Smokin' Coop". I don't know why but even though it smells nice when you go there, the amount of smoke on the meats is so heavy it makes the meats taste "dirty". Yet people here seem to rave about it. But then again Dickies was rated #2 in Rockford. So I guess it says something about this area. BBQ tastes are not very "developed" :D I have the advantage of not being from here. Simply "residing in the area"

Back