Oops I Did it Again!!

Looks like a Genesis 4000 missing both side flip up tables. But I can see the end brackets that would hold each table.
Also, I guess a 4000 would have had a sideburner instead of that side table. But the lid is the right color for the 4000, I think that was called Grey.

Last edited:
Looks like a Genesis 4000 missing both side flip up tables. But I can see the end brackets that would hold each table.
Yes it’s missing the flip up side table, I have a flip up on another grill so I need to locate one or fab my own!

I know that it has been mentioned before, but what is that "extra" knob on your control panel?
I think that definitely makes this grill a 4000

Great pick up! Looks solid. Seems like a rare color. Others agree?
Yes it’s a 4000 that’s been garage kept most of its life. Younger guy had it for the last few years, before that he said the grill lived his mom’s garage. I think it’s been outside some over the last couple years. Zero rust on the frame and best of all no warp whatsoever in the firebox! I wondered what the original color was it does seem faded a bit.

Wow, you HAD to get that one. I can explain to your wife if necessary. I have gotten good at it with my own. When I tell her, "But this one is very rare..." She says, "That's what you always say!" 😆

That is a great find and I hope you bring it back fully. Having the rail for the right side flip up table really is a fairly rare find, not to mention the hood color and original wheel design.

His is a bit different in that he has the metal end brackets for the swing table. His also has the later slide bracket for the prop rod so I wonder if the later style swing table was adapted to the earlier style where the prop rod fit into a hole.

EDIT: The slide brackets are stamped "L" and "R". The "R" stamped slide brackets are rare, from what I've read.

Where were all you guys when I was trying to give one of those away?! I actually ended up throwing it away because it was in my way

Back