online wood

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Would any of you that have purchased wood online due so again? I can only get Misquite and Hickory here (seems to be a common problem). Thought I would like to try some cherry, apple and pecan, but wanted to find out if others have tried it and found it worth while. Also where whould you recommend purchasing from?
TIA
Steve

Have ordered off of E-Bay and been completely satisfied. Got several pounds of cherry for 3.99 +6.99 shipping which was a great deal considering what my locals down here in Baton Rouge charge for cherry, apple etc. Think the vendor was "Wildwood".

My first order has been shipped but hasn't arrived yet. I broke down and ordered for the reasons you gave. However, you literally and figuratively pay the price for shipping. My shipping costs equaled the costs of the product. I used Southern Style Products. Don't have their site handy, but it would be easy to find.

PRG

I ordered 2 17.64 lb bags of Maple Leaf lump charcoal and 2 10# boxes of wood chunks. Very pleased with the price and shipping on all (shipped in 2 boxes) from Omaha to NC was only $20. The chunks were nice size for smoking and well seasoned. Ordered on 8/08 and received today 8/18. Ordered online from kingsmoke.com. Read the review on Maple Leaf charcoal at http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdata.htm any you'll want some too.

Smokin Jim in NC

I also use kingsmoke.com for my source of "can't get locally" woods.They've been great to deal with and I'll use them again.

Dave S.

Reading this made me (yes made me) order some oak, cherry, and apple chunks from King Smoke. The shipping costs seem pretty reasonable. It only cost about $16 to ship 42 lbs to Utah.
I'm looking forward to using something other than the hickory I can get locally.

Jeff

I received my order from King Smoke very quickly. They were out of oak, but the apple & cherry chunks look great. I will definitely buy from them again.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply's, have any of you had repeat order's of wood? or do you find that what-ever wood you have available is better than the price of ordering/shipping?

TIA

Steve

I have also ordered from peopleswood.com and found the prices to be fair.
No matter how you look at it, you get slammed on shipping. I didn't think there were any sources within driving distance to get fruit woods until a member hooked me up with a place about 40 minutes away, not only do they have my favorite apple and cherry, they also carry peach!
Keep searching for a local source, I'm sure you'll find one sooner or later.

Steve,

When I ordered my wood from Peoples Woods, I ordered 20lbs of oak an pecan chunks. Do you have any idea how long 20lbs of chunk wood can last? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif I pwobably won't re-order for awhile.

That should be "probably"; slipped into my Daffy Duck routine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you get slammed on shipping. I didn't think there were any sources within dri </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what was People's Woods shipping rate for one 20 lb bag

About 8 bucks per 20 lbs. I just looked at getting some apple and cherry. 16 for shipping. I think I'm going to try harder to find an orchard in my area.

Edit: Sorry - 10.05 for 20 lbs and 16.44 for 40 lbs. and 18.06 for 50 lbs

Back