One Touch Gold ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy sparrows

Just bought an OTG....I'm going to mount a thermometer. I have seen some discussion here about not mounting it in certain areas for a variety of reasons, i.e. too close to heat if cooking indirect, etc. Where is the best place to put it? I plan on using it for both direct, indirect, and some smoking. Any thoughts appreciated...

I don't know where the best place is to mount a therm on a OTG, so I just place one into the top vent. Seems to work well for direct, indirect and smoking. I use a turkey fryer therm, but have also used a Tel-Tru with 1/2" NPT and a conduit nut. ( so I can remove it )

Tim

Are you wanting to mount it inside or in the lid?

Doing a quick search on this section finds several threads about mounting otions. Several say opposite side from the vent for a lid mount.

i also put my top vent away from my heat when smoking and indirect..that way i get a good reading on what i'm cooking and not from the hot side of my grill..i hope this helps.i hope the link i posted help...

thanks for the replys. i am going to mount it into the lid. Im working in a tight area and wanted everything attached so I wouldn't have to pull the therm in and out. i was thinking of just doing it under the handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back