One more for the road...

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
OK, plans are slowly coming together for this Floridian to start a whole new life in Indiana by mid-June. So, every grill that isn't finished becomes a moving issue. But, when I saw this on FB Marketplace for just $25 and fairly close by, I had to get just one more for the road!

The seller said that it was "just laying outside." From the looks of things it must have sat out for a long time, but there is no evidence that it was EVER COOKED ON!

Q200 $25.jpg

Grate is in bad shape, presumably from the Florida humidity and salt air. Look at the inside of that hood!

The seller said the "burner knob is missing." But there it is sitting inside:

Q200 $25 inside.jpg

Burner looks unused to me and the Weber decal is still on the fold out tray. Couldn't pass on this one. Besides, I made a contact with an independent hardware store owner where we are moving to in Indiana. (No big box stores ANYWHERE close!!!) He said he would be interested in trying to sell refurbished grills in his store. A lot of his customers are RV owners who come to that area for fishing and horse related activities. Q's would be an obvious grill for him to carry. Maybe this will be one of them!

Yah, those q grills are big with the RV crowd. However, the Q2xx is bigger than most will like unless they are the seasonal camper types.

We camp A LOT, and love our Q-2. In fact, several of the families we camp with now have a q-2 as well. you're right Jin, that q has never been used! The first thing is saw was how clean the inside of the lid is! Great find, and good luck with you’re relocation and possible new venture.
Tim

I worked on other grills Saturday, so all I did was pick it up, take a few pictures and put it in my shop. First thing is to see if there is any hope for the grate. Igniter is non-functional but cheap to replace. Everything else looks to just needs cleaner and elbow grease.

Jon, what is wrong with the igniter. If it was never really used, the electrode should be fine. Is it a piezo igniter or one of those electronic ones? You should have a spare Piezo one laying around if that is what you need. I am pretty sure they are the same ones they use on the Silvers and 1000's.

Not sure because I didn’t really take apart or examine. It is a piezo (good) but the button doesn’t make that “clank” sound at all. This grill literally must have been left out in a yard for years. The humidity here is pretty brutal, so that may explain it, whereas the aluminum parts still look almost new😵

Jon, just find a piezo off a donor grill. I have at least a half dozen of them in my parts stash. The Piezo button long outlasts the stainless gas collector/electrode on Genesis grills and when I replace them on my rehabs, I keep the old piezo. Or, just buy a new Weber #7510 off amazon for $8 for the Piezo. Then you have the more valuable gas collector for another grill project. Since the electrode on your grill is fine, you don't need the Q grill specific igniter set, just the piezo if you don't already have the spare.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07MYCC8C3/tvwb-20

Back