Old Silver B making noise when burners are turned on :( it was one of my resto's

A humming regulator is nothing to worry about. It will come and go depending on how much humidity there is and ambient temps. The regulator you bought is NOT meant for grills. It is meant for high output devices. So you now saw the evidence of not knowing the way around gas and how it is handled. Please be careful as you are literally playing with fire. Your regulator should be an 11"WC non adjustable regulator

Hey guys on a whim I popped back onto Amazon tonight and saw this regulator but the description puzzled me........it says for LP but in the other parts of the ad it talk about connecting to the propane tank. See link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GZPBCPU/?tag=tvwb-20

This regulator has almost 3k reviews so I thought I should have some extras on hand.........can u settle my mind......ease my mind......cease the day.............this reg is for propane.......not LP right? I saw it had the correct 11WC rating so I got that part correct. Thanks for the knowledge on this guys.

Hey guys on a whim I popped back onto Amazon tonight and saw this regulator but the description puzzled me........it says for LP but in the other parts of the ad it talk about connecting to the propane tank. See link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GZPBCPU/?tag=tvwb-20

This regulator has almost 3k reviews so I thought I should have some extras on hand.........can u settle my mind......ease my mind......cease the day.............this reg is for propane.......not LP right? I saw it had the correct 11WC rating so I got that part correct. Thanks for the knowledge on this guys.

LP stands for liquid propane which most people just call propane. Pressurized inside the tank it is liquid.
Sorry I can’t confirm from the link as it switches to Amazon.ca which could be a different regulator. 🙁

LP is Liquid Propane. Liquid Propane is LP. Yes, that will work on a Liquid Propane Grill or more commonly refered to, a Propane grill.

Thanks Bruce.....I always get that confused with I guess Natural Gas? Isnt Natural Gas the home hook up type? I just have never had a NG or worked on one so I dont come by the terminology easily. Such a Weber noob

Technically, LPG (LP for short) is Liquified Petroleum Gas, a mix of gases dependent upon location. Natural Gas is methane, a by-product of decomposition (and digestion!)

Yes, natural gas is what is supplied by a community utility like electricity is. You have to hook into it off the home line. They don't put that stuff in portable tanks.

Roger Roger....thanks......I just finished a 3 burner Silver B today and bought a brand new basement find.........Weber red hood with end caps. It is the same vintage of my very old Blue topper that I am resto'ing. Its a Genesis hood with the wood slotted handle......What a time capsule! I am picking it up tomorrow. I am paying $80 for it.....but man if it really is brand new and never used I might hang the dang thing on my wall!! Weber art!!! The wife will love it!!

Yes, natural gas is what is supplied by a community utility like electricity is. You have to hook into it off the home line. They don't put that stuff in portable tanks.
More and more, here in CA, they actually are putting NG in tanks and running busses and trash trucks on them. I think the state has some CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) vehicles as well. But you are right in that the tanks aren't portable.

Thanks.....thats the fun of the Weber hobby......learning new stuff almost daily. Lets see if a pic of my blueberry will load for some eye candy.

Attachments

• 20200811_155951.jpg
    20200811_155951.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 10
Red heads are pretty popular, but I would take a blue head over a red head any day. On a weber grill that is.

Ha.....ya I am taking my time with this Blueberry. I cant wait to get the stained wood installed. I will show pics of this old new stock red head hood that I am picking up tomorrow.

It took me over a year to find one. I won't pay more than $50 for a grill though. But anyway, after I found one, they have come fairly regular. Not plentiful, but regular.

Blue grills make you think your beer is colder then it actually is.....and red grills just the opposite ya see? Thats why blue solo cups are better then red as well.

Thanks.....thats the fun of the Weber hobby......learning new stuff almost daily. Lets see if a pic of my blueberry will load for some eye candy.

My wife is accommodating to my Weberitis, but if I put a grill in the living room, both it and I would be sleeping outside. 🤣

Back