Old Man Needs Waterpan help

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Platinum Member
I am trying to do the Piedmont waterpan mod. It calls for the Brinkman CHARCOAL pan. Purchased one today part #114-0002-0. The brinkmann website uses the same part #.

My Weber water pan will not fit inside of it. Instead it sticks up about 1 inch-could not use the bottom grate with the weber pan sticking up so far. What am I missing?

Trying to cook tonight with the new piedmont pan.

That mod calls for the use of two Brinkmann pans, not the standard and a Brinkmann. Also, the originator of the idea doesn't use a WSM, but rather a kettle with a custom-made spacer to approximate a bullet smoker. Someone did say they used a WSM pan and a Brinkmann, but did not report anything about the bottom grate-- maybe they just didn't use it.

Doug, thanks for the clarification. It helps to read first. Sort of like measure twice-cut once idea. Oh well I'll get a second brinkmann pan tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doug D:
Someone did say they used a WSM pan and a Brinkmann, but did not report anything about the bottom grate-- maybe they just didn't use it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That was me. You're right, I only cooked on the top rack. But I think the bottom rack would have sat on the WSM pan without any problem. The small loss of "head room" between the racks shouldn't matter.

Larry, thanks for your follow up. I had to run by the store yesterday anyway and picked up another brinkmann pan. With all the meat I have in the freezer, it may be a week or two before I try the piedmont pan.

Back