Oh Ebay...

Yeah, that guy has been peddling that grill for months. I would give him something for those special midnight gray durawood slats. Otherwise just another Silver B.

Yeah, that guy has been peddling that grill for months. I would give him something for those special midnight gray durawood slats. Otherwise just another Silver B.
YES! I want to message him and let him know its not a 5000 lol Those slats are cool though

It was a very early two burner Genesis that only lasted for a couple years of production. They are generally considered to be sub standard cookers, but some people love them. The real draw on them is the nostalgia and uniqueness of them. They are generally considered "unicorns" in the Weber world.

Hi- I'm new here. I have two weber grills -but one similar to your discussion that I've been slowly (mainly from laziness) replacing my durawood slats with ripped down pieces of woodgrain trek decking. Only reason is for the different look. --John A in PA.

Attachments

• IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0627.JPG
    IMG_0627.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0628.JPG
    IMG_0628.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 23
If those slats are the Trek decking, then that looks nearly original. I know the idea of using the vinyl decking material has been discussed several times here but I don't recall anyone actually doing it.

I haven't tried, but there are some pretty interesting deck materials out there that could give a whole new look for a custom grill.

now im intrigued lol

You better watch out... your Weberitous is getting worse! Ask me how I know:smilekettle:.

The Jr. was a first try by Weber to offer a smaller, less expensive Genesis. It has kind of odd proportions since it is the same depth (front to back) as the regular Genesis of the day but not nearly as wide (left to right). With only two burners to cover that width - and in spite of having the classic double layer of flavorizer bars - it didn't get rave reviews. Now it is mainly an historic curiosity for nut case Weber collectors like me!

Weber went back to the drawing board and came out with a revised two-burner sold under a variety of names including Silver A and Spirit. The proportions were more normal as this time they scaled down both dimensions. Seems most feel this version is a better cooker.

You better watch out... your Weberitous is getting worse! Ask me how I know:smilekettle:.

The Jr. was a first try by Weber to offer a smaller, less expensive Genesis. It has kind of odd proportions since it is the same depth (front to back) as the regular Genesis of the day but not nearly as wide (left to right). With only two burners to cover that width - and in spite of having the classic double layer of flavorizer bars - it didn't get rave reviews. Now it is mainly an historic curiosity for nut case Weber collectors like me!

Weber went back to the drawing board and came out with a revised two-burner sold under a variety of names including Silver A and Spirit. The proportions were more normal as this time they scaled down both dimensions. Seems most feel this version is a better cooker.
Yeah now I want a JR cause of the oddity

There was someone in Ohio that had one on FB Marketplace for quite a while. They are out there, you will just have to be patient. They are very cool in their odd sort of way. Bruce got one with a stash of grills and since it wasn't something he wanted to flip he generously gave the parts to me. My first project once I have a functioning shop.

There was one over near Milwaukee a month go. Red head, but I think it is gone now....Actually offering it free. Too far for me to justify the drive.

Yeah, that's the thing when you start getting into really old "collector" grills. They are mostly orphaned, so if the parts are missing you are looking at fabrication or a long hard search.

Back