NY Sicilian style pizza

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Making this for part of break-fast tomorrow for Yom Kippur.

Looks like it’ll turn out right. Been rising all day and about to do the parbake of the dough.

14x14 pan

1695607350838.jpeg

1695607371623.jpeg

Looks great, read the article you linked as well.....
It's not even 9 and now the hungries are kickin in....mostly your fault.
Cooked pizza and cut and purposely put in the fridge for tomorrow?????
I can only guess it takes a very short amount of time to cook and I would also think it would taste better than day old left over fridge pizza...????
Doesn't really matter, looks great....I have bee jonesing pizza for weeks and talked myself into doing it in the oven....then I remembered my oven doesn't cook at 600 so hopefully back to the E6 in a week or 2.

Last edited:
Cooked pizza and cut and purposely put in the fridge for tomorrow?????
The air fryer is the bomb for reheating pizza.

In mine, I preheat to 350, put a couple slices in for 3 minutes, and it's as good as fresh out of the oven. Sometimes it's better because the crust gets extra crisp.

That reminds me of when I was a kid, mom bought pizza in a box kit. It came with the dough mix sauce and grated parm cheese snd what ever you had to throw on. It was pretty good for not knowing what I was doing.:)

The air fryer is the bomb for reheating pizza.

In mine, I preheat to 350, put a couple slices in for 3 minutes, and it's as good as fresh out of the oven. Sometimes it's better because the crust gets extra crisp.
Yup. Our microwave has convection oven built in which is the same as air fryer. I reheated two pieces for dinner last night.

Update: for anyone seeking to make this recipe, please share your results.

I am going to modify this dough recipe for my next cook for more of the desired crust/shell texture that I am seeking, which is more airy and light. Basically, a much larger crumb (bigger air pockets) which should reduce the density of the current dough. Overall, as it is, I would rate this a 7.5-8/10. But that's because I have a very specific profile in mind of what I want out of this. If you've made focaccia, then I am heading in that direction but with some crunch. I don't want a soft and chewy shell. More of an airy, crunch from the bottom and side and lighter in the center.

Also, I will elect to not top the cheese with sauce next time. I will parbake some sauce into it first, then re-sauce for the final bake and then top with shredded mozz atop the pecorino as i did above.

Last edited:

Back