Nutemp question

Carl H.

TVWBB Super Fan
My Nutemp has stopped working since the battery was changed. The transmitter displays the temperature fine. The receiver is powered but does not seem to recognize the transmitter and it just displays dashes.

This is probably operator error, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any suggestions?

Is there a "Reset" button somewhere under the battery cover, a very small hole.
Take a look on both units.

No reset button obvious, but after taking batteries out and reinstalling them for the unknownth time it is now working. I have no idea what, if anything, I did differently this time but I'll take it.

Thanks.

Sometimes when you take batteries out of electronic equipment, there are capacitors that hold onto the charge. Rather than taking them out and then putting them back in, you take them out and wait for 10-15 minutes. This would be long enough for the capacitors to discharge.

Sometimes when you have problems with notebooks, they want you to dis-charge the notebook. After you remove the power and take out the batteries, you also press the ON button to get rid of any "stored" charges in the notebook.

Waiting for 10-15 minutes before re-inserting the batteries could discharge the unit to be able to start from scratch.

Back