NU-TEMP Questions/ HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Does anyone know what the difference between the Nu-Temp NU-700 and NU-701 are. One says simple wireless and you can plug in 3 Sensors. The other one says Temp Detective and you can plug in 4 sensors. The brisket is looking good and i just stirred the Kevi's baked beans thanks kevin for sharring the recipe.

You can read the specs and see pictures of them at the NU-Temp Web site:
NU-700
NU-701
How did your brisket and beans turn out?

Ray, this was my second cook and the brisket was fantastic.I screwed the beans up don't know what happened to them they were very dry.The head country rub is good but very salty luckily George warned me about it so i went easy on the rub. Took 8 hours for the 6.6lb brisket my wife and i ate 3/4 of it on sat night. Now were using the leftovers for sandwiches its awsome. Thanks to everybody for all your help. Just picked up 3 more briskets at Wal-mart and put them in the Freezer gonna do some spare ribs this weekend with Marry's Cherry Rub.

Ray got so rapped up in the brisket i forgot to thank you for the link about the Nu-Temp. I ordered the NU701 from wireless alarm products.What did you cook over the weekend ?

Bryan, I'm glad your brisket turned out well. It sounds like you are enjoying your WSM & the food that can be prepared in it. I don't use many rubs, especially, those heavy with salt. To me, salt seems to dry out the meat, rather than enhance the flavor, when cooking low and slow.

I think you will enjoy the NU-Temp NU701; I sure enjoy mine! I would like to order a couple more remote units for it.

I cooked some pork sirloin, this past weekend. (Picture #1, Picture #2) First time I've bought it like this - in a bag. It was about 6.2 lbs, total, and came out of the bag in 4 individual pieces. I tried the Red Currant Glaze, posted by Allan Jones, in the Pork Loin Help topic. We thought it was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back