Nu-Temp Appears Out of Business. Alternatives?

Shelly

TVWBB Member
My cleaning woman stuck my Nu-Temp remote unit in the oven to get it out of the way. I made dinner last night and melted it.

Calls and Emails to Nu-Temp indicate they are out of business. This is a shame because they made a great remote probe thermometer with good range and nice features.

The Maverick ET-73 and other models have lousy transmitting range, and I don't have much faith in their accuracy.

Is there anything worthwhile out there?

I'm not aware of another good option in that price category. A simple and practically free mod to the ET-73's circuit board (soldering on a length of wire to the antenna lead on the PCB) will increase it's range dramatically, from what I've read.

Is this the model you have, with a base station and remote? If so, I have the same one, and I have 3 remotes. I've probably used them 3 or 4 times altogether, and I haven't used them in quite some time, since getting a Stoker. I would gladly sell you one of my remotes cheap (you won't believe how cheap). Let me know if you're interested.

Larry, I'm interested. If there is a private message function, let me know. I don't see one. I trust everyone on this site, but get a little nervous of web crawlers.

There's no private message function as far as I know. If you want, you can send me your email address here:

n2ea4ls6vill8e@yahoo.com just delete all the 2, 4, 6, and 8. (And there are no 1's, those are all lower case L.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shelly:
Larry: Received and working!!!
Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just goes to show ya, Nothing but good folks on this site.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shelly:
Larry: Received and working!!!
Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good! It had spent too long on the shelf in my kitchen.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just goes to show ya, Nothing but good folks on this site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.... what a great place you guys/ladies have made here.

I know. But no one has answered the phone in a month, and after 10 rings, a generic recording comes on saying "the party" you are dialing is not available. Not what you'd expect from a going concern.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry D.:
Is this the model you have, with a base station and remote? If so, I have the same one, and I have 3 remotes. I've probably used them 3 or 4 times altogether, and I haven't used them in quite some time, since getting a Stoker. I would gladly sell you one of my remotes cheap (you won't believe how cheap). Let me know if you're interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Larry, if you want to sell another remote drop me a line at lthornton1@cox.net

Back