Not seeing to many Genesis 1000 this Year in 2021

Jared,
Looks like a nice one overall. On the hood fade there is nothing you can do. It is within the porcelain itself rather than being oxidation like on regular paint. Clean it up as best you can. If it is a keeper, be on the lookout for a donor hood in better shape. The black hoods are the most susceptible to fading. By all means do NOT paint as that will not work in the long run or look right. Most important, have fun bringing new life to a classic old Weber!

Thanks for the info. Great to know before I'd attempt to jump into it further. The box, frame and bottom tray are all still solid and honestly I care less about appearances on the hood over than how well it still cooks since my plan all along was something to use and would hold up with periodic cleaning. That said, if I happen to find one with a better hood on the curb..I might just have to bite on it.

Have also picked up an old charcoal 22" Weber sitting on the curb because the handle on the lid doesn't have the same corrosion flex around the welds like the one I've got. That one was rusting on the bottom so what couldn't be salvaged has already gone to the scrap yard.

Still very few x000 grills showing up in Bay Area this year. Plenty of of Silvers.

I also recently acquired a 2002 Land Rover Discovery 2. Same issue there. The 90s Discovery 1s are disappearing, and prices are escalating all around.

90s nostalgia is hot right now.
I am an old Disco Series 1 fan also Dan. I had a '96 with a 5 speed. Sold it to a guy in TX and he and I are talking as I might buy it back. I loved having the 5 speed.

Back