Not much to look at...

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
...but I did smoke a ~5lb piece of cured belly this morning before the rains came. Combination of hickory and cherry.

1592432144893.jpeg

Jim, did the rains wash out the "after" pics? ;)

Kind of. Sort of. I'm out of FoodSaver bags, so I just put it in a Ziplock, then into an ice bath and then to the fridge. I'll slice up tomorrow or Friday - after the bags arrive. :)

OK guys, so I have my first batch of pork belly curing into bacon as I type, it should be ready to smoke on Father's day. What temps do you smoke at, I am planning a mini minion method and try to keep the temp between 180 and 200 does that sound right?

OK guys, so I have my first batch of pork belly curing into bacon as I type, it should be ready to smoke on Father's day. What temps do you smoke at, I am planning a mini minion method and try to keep the temp between 180 and 200 does that sound right?

Yes. It was pretty breezy here today and that stoked my fire up to about 250 before I just about completely closed all three bottom vents. Lower is better though - more time on the smoke. I aim for internal temp of 140-ish when done.

Back