not for nothin...but

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

In case anyone hasn't tired it, leftover smoked chicken is incredible in chicken salad! My wife made her famous chicken salad as usual,... fairly basic (Mayo, onion, celery, paprika, salt and pepper , using the smoked bird. Nice size chunks, which she put over a bed of greens that had a raspberry vinegrette drizzled on top. She served it with a fruit salad of strawberries, cantalope (spelling?) and mangos. Don't overdo it with the mayo... drier is the way to go. This was a great summertime meal. It's also very good stuffed into a hollowed-out tomato. It really is incredible how much the smoke adds to the salad. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ken-

You are most certainly correct.....may I suggest you try enchiladas?? Any recipe that you already use or can find will do. Just substitute with the smoked bird. BTW, I rarely have leftovers when I smoke a chicken, so I usually smoke three or four. Strip the extras of meat, chop and foodsaver/freeze. Use the smoked bird carcasses for some kickin' stock.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rich G.

Ken, you are right! Try this, make a southwest smoked chicken salad. I can't give you exact measurements, because I don't measure anything, but basically here is what I do. To the chicken add; hard boiled egg, paprika, chile powder, garlic salt, mayo, ranch dressing, chopped onion, and a little hot sauce. Out of this world!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back