Not a Weber but….

A fin is a deal. Looks like a great rotisserie machine.
That handle on the lower right, does it raise or lower the cooking grate?

I guess in that set up that grate would be called the charcoal grate?
Does that label say Darnby?

Looks like the one I started cooking on in the late 50's at my parents place.
Tim... That grate is the cooking grate.
Also remember "greasing" that grill height adjustment threads with lard, often.

Looks like the one I started cooking on in the late 50's at my parents place.
Tim... That grate is the cooking grate.
Also remember "greasing" that grill height adjustment threads with lard, often.
Thanks for the tip with lard.

Dang, that one's in better shape than any of the one's I've seen. It's a Big Boy grill, btw.....bought out by a company called Kelly in the 70's, who kept making them for a time.

Wow, that is cool. My dad and uncle both had similar ones, although theirs did not have an actual box on top, just a hood. We would raise and lower the grill and it spun in the lifter. We would have contests on who could get the most revolutions of the grate with one spin. Not while they were cooking though or we were subject to physical "adjustments":) Brings back a bunch of good memories, thanks for sharing.

My dad had one like that in the mid 50's. It disapeared when we move and he bought his Weber kettle.

So after a couple hours of clean up and lubing the moving parts it has cleaned up really nice. I added a charcoal grate I salvaged from an old fire pit and lined it with some tin foil to hopefully keep the rust at bay

not bad for $5. I have a co worker who is a Cleveland Browns fan. She wants me to name the grill “Cleveland” based on the colour scheme DACBA85A-1547-4654-BA70-F300B3C6D0DF.jpeg

Back