Not a good first attempt with pulled pork

Congrats Joel - glad to hear about the successful cook. It only get s "worse" after this
wsmsmile8gm.gif
icon_wink.gif

If it is under cooked I sometimes finish it in the oven and save my charcoal! Double wrap it in foil and crank up the heat to like 300 - 350 for an hour or more. Then let it rest wraped in foil for a hour or so. Of course use your meat thermometer and check the internal temp.
If it is over cooked and too dry just wrap it in foil and let sit a while until it softens up a bit! If it is still too dry add more sauce!!
icon_smile.gif

Here it is. Too bad you can't really see or taste how moist and juicey it is. The photo doesn't really capture it either but it did turn out super moist.
icon_wink.gif

PP1.jpg

PP2.jpg

PP3.jpg

Now the fun begins... How did you like the bark? Was it firm enough, too soft or just right? Its all up to you now.... Firmer bark, don't foil. Too firm add some apple juice to foil, just right don't change a thing...

Its your thing now Joel, have fun with it...

Jay

Hey Jay, the bark was too soft. I think it's because i barely put a rub on there just because last time i thought I put way too much and it became too dried out. the bark was pretty thing but I was just enjoying the moistness of the whole butt.

Now I gotta try and mess with different flavors of pulled pork and the bark as well.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back