Noob first run questions

RayO

I did a test run with my HM this weekend. Everything worked well but now I have a few questions after the run
  1. How do you get info in Probe 0?
  2. What does the orange bar at the top with the fan % represent?
  3. When I add a log or open the lid, I get an open lid warning which is expected. Then I hit the left Arrow and then the HM brings the grill back up to temp. If you look at probe 1 (whch is the one controlling the fan) it says 5.5/hr and 2h23m to 260. What am i doing wrong?
  4. What does the lever on the side do?

I've tried looking some of this stuff up on the forum but I don't think I'm searching correctly. I am attaching my graph to this post. Disregard the stuff before 2000. That's me letting the coals heat up and playing around with Probe 0.

bbq_zpsll63hwsw.png
[/URL][/IMG]

How do you get info in Probe 0?
You need to have a thermocouple or unless you have all probe version, a probe. It looks like you have it off and probe 1 is controlling the bbq

What does the orange bar at the top with the fan % represent?

When I add a log or open the lid, I get an open lid warning which is expected. Then I hit the left Arrow and then the HM brings the grill back up to temp. If you look at probe 1 (whch is the one controlling the fan) it says 5.5/hr and 2h23m to 260. What am i doing wrong?

Don't worry about the 5.5/hr jargon on probe 1. It's used when you are using the probe in meat, to you have an idea of how fast a cut of meat is rising in temp.

What does the lever on the side do?

What lever? Unless you mean a switch and are using one of my custom boards with an adapter board in a rd3, if not then I'm not sure what lever you are talking about.

Oh Hey John! I'm the guy that got the unit with the Spider-Man symbol on it. I am using one of your customs so I guess I mean switch. I'll order a thermocouple
probe.

When you have a thermocouple, you use the switch to switch the thermocouple from the heatermeter to the adapter board. It keeps both thermocouple amp separated from each other.

Back