None of my food probes working (except pit)

MarkW

New build. None of my food probes seem to work. I know my probe is good because it works on my buddy's unit. Anyone have an idea what I should look for? Thanks!

Does anything happen when you plug them in? Have you set the correct probe type in the web interface for each probe?

I fiddled with it some more. It works, it's just a lot more sensitive to position than I thought it'd be. And certainly more sensitive than my buddy's unit! Strange

Probe jacks....
There's not a whole lot between the probe jacks and the ATMega, just a 10K pullup resistor and the 100K resistor and .1uf cap that make up the RC filter. They are the components that stand on end between the probe jacks and the ATMega, make sure they are soldered well. They can be sensitive to having excessive flux left on the board from soldering, so solder them up good then wash the board with some isopropyl alcohol and a soft brush (old toothbrush works well) in that area. Of coarse let the board dry out thoroughly before you power it back up.
Another thing that can effect the probe stability is the power supply, so you might try another power supply, or power your HM from your buddies power supply and see if the probes behave more like they do on his. If so, you might try turning on the AC Line Filter in the HM config.....

Back